To better define your strategy and effectively maintain the competitiveness of your web resource, you need to start analysing some technical aspects of your company rivals. The main questions you should answer:
- When was their online store found?
- What kind of promotions do they have?
- What position does the site take in the search results?
- What contextual ads do they use?
- What pricing strategy do they follow?
- What is their current ranking behaviour?
- How are their pages and content ranked?
- What is their keyword relevance?
To minimise your efforts, check a few useful tools which can help discover and analyse your competitors’ strategies.
1. SimilarWeb allow for analysing the multiple areas of digital marketing strategies of your competitors for free. Pasting any website link into the search bar, you will receive the full data of its activity:
- Total visits
- Traffic by countries
- Traffic sources
- Referring sites
- Organic keywords
- Paid keywords
- Social traffic
- Display advertising
- Audience interests
- Competitors and similar sites
2. SEMrush can also provide you with the same competitors’ insight. But it has its benefits. Firstly, you can compare four-five competitors at the same time, secondly, this platform builds motion charts based on SEMrush reports data in your Google Sheets. So this will be easier for you to analyse the broad picture of your marketing position.
3. Alexa is an effective metrics and tool for spying on competitors rankings. With a paid account you can also estimate popularity, demographics and behaviour data of your competitors: time on site, bounce rate and so on. All data will be put into a table, and ranked automatically.
There are also a variety of other tools which can help you on each stage of the competitive analyse.
Competitors analysis help new businesses assess their opportunities and threats. Spend your time to find and categorise your rivals correctly. Spend more time to perform detailed examination of your direct competitors first. Pay attention to their market position, website solutions, social media activities, and pricing strategy as well. Analyse their SEO structure. Become their secret customer to test their clients support, email marketing activities, and shipping solutions. Make notes using different tools to gather the data needed and see your competitors’ weak points.
Transform their weakness to your strengths and improve their strong spots to your extra features, so you can build your ultimate digital marketing strategy.